Help bring art murals to the blah walls of Baton Rouge. Back the BR Walls Project. Today is the last day to donate!! Get on it yo
Beautiful and eco-friendly Moss Graffiti. I think I have a project coming up.
What you will need:
- One or two clumps (small handfull) of moss.
- 2 cups of buttermilk. (you can substitute with yogurt/vegan yogurt can be used)
- 2 cups of water (or beer)
- 1/2 tsp. sugar.
- Corn syrup. (optional)
- Gather up as much moss as you can find or buy.
- Wash the moss to get as much soil out of the roots as possible.
- Break moss apart into manageable pieces and place in a blender.
- Add the buttermilk/yogurt, water/beer and sugar. Blend the mixture until completely smooth. You’ll want it to have a paint-like texture. (If the mixture is at a consistency where you feel it will drip, add corn syrup until the consistency you desire is reached)
- Use a paintbrush to apply the moss-paint to the surface on which you wish your design to grow.
For some amazing examples, check out Anna Graforth’s work here.